view_headline
Description

The Mayor, Chief Brody and Hooper have their argument about keeping the beaches of Amity open here at Gay Head Light House. The Billboard was built for the production and was vandalised by locals or tourists with a shark fin and speech bubble exclaiming "HELP!!! SHARK"

in 2015 the lighthouse was moved 129 feet away from the eroding cliff as it was dangerously close to falling into the sea. Fundraising helped to preserve the lighthouse which had been built in 1844 and weighed over 400 tonnes. It is believed that the new location will keep Gay Head Light safe for another 150 years. In all it took two and a half years worth of planning and fundraising to carry out this feat.

map
Location
view_module
Categories
view_module
Tags
layers
Related Listing
mood_bad
  • No comments yet.
  • chat
    Add a comment